Care Assistants X2
Magna Care Group Limited
Job Description - Care Assistant / Night Care Assistant
(Responsible to Senior Care Assistant)
To participate as part of a team in providing care for service users. To assist in the planning and delivery of care to service users ensuring that their personal, physical, emotional, social and spiritual needs are met. To ensure that the service provides opportunities for service users to exercise choice and independence and participation in the community. To ensure that the personal dignity of each service user is promoted and that their privacy and confidentiality is respected.
- To contribute to the development of and assist with the implementation of individually planned programmes of care and activities according to each service users needs.
- To encourage and participate in social activities both within and outside the Home.
- To develop and maintain relationships with the services users’ families, friends and advocates.
- To contribute to the establishment and review of care standards in the Home.
- To undertake direct tasks and participate in shift changes if required.
- To undertake any reasonable task related to the provision of care as required by the manager of the Home.
- To report any problems/changes/complaints concerning the Home or service users to the management.
- To have a working knowledge of Health & Safety at Work, and awareness of policies and procedure within the home.
- To work to the aims and purpose of the Home as stated in the Statement of Purpose.
- To participate in strategies, which enable staff, service users and other stakeholders to affect the way the service is delivered.
- To comply with the GSCC Code of Practice.
- To maintain good working relationships and communication with all stakeholders.
- To attend training courses as required.
- To comply (as far as possible and practicable) with NCSC Minimum Standards
- To comply with the Care Standards Act 2000 and the Care Homes Regulations 2001, and other relevant legislation.
- Helping service users with dressing/undressing.
- Helping with personal hygiene when necessary.
- Bathing/washing service users as necessary.
- Care of finger nails/hair.
- Assisting with toileting as required.
- Promoting mobility and independence.
- Talking to and showing an interest in service users and their hobbies.
- Ensuring the safety of service users both within and outside the Home.
- Making and changing beds and tidying service users rooms.
- Care of service users clothes
- Feeding service users if needed.
- Participating in staff meetings.
- Night Care Assistants will be required to help clean lounges and the kitchen.
The basic hours of work are according to your individual contract and are flexible to allow for the exigencies of the service, such as shift working, Bank Holidays.
National Vocational Qualification Level II in Care, or equivalent.
Confidentiality is of prime importance in the normal course of duty. The post holder will have access to confidential information relating to service users and other stakeholders. Such information must not be communicated to anyone, unless prior permission has been given, there is a danger to health, or for legal reasons.
Health and Safety
To operate within the Home’s Health and Safety Policy.
Smoking is not permitted on the premises.
For further information or to apply for a post please contact Tony Wilson on 0121 451 2529